Going Green at the Rendezvous Hotel
Here at the Rendezvous we try to do our bit for the planet:
- Herb garden – our chefs created a small herb garden, it’s not a full allotment but everyone need to start somewhere.
- Towel services – If you your towels in the bath we will change them, it they are hanging this to us means that you are happy to keep them for a bit longer. As standard our bedding is changed every three days for longer stays, so if you want it doing earlier, please ask at reception.
- Waste paper and rubbish compressor has been installed over one year ago, this allowed us to reduce our general waste collection days to one per week and our paper collection to one every fortnight. We also have bottle recycling skips for green, brown and clear glass.
- We use local produce where possible, this is for anything from cleaning products to food
- We recommend to all our leisure and group guests to have at least one full day in Skipton (use a bus to get to town) to save on fuel and reduce carbon emission that is involved in car travel
- We recommendation to use public transport where possible
- All of our outside lights are set on timers and light control system has been installed in all ground floor bedrooms
- Most of our bedrooms are equipped with electric showers and energy saving bulbs are used where possible. New eco boiler (condenser) replaced old equipment last year.
- Plants at the front and back do help with air filtration
- Use of water filtration system and water dispenser in house
- We offer bike rental and bike storage to encourage cycling