Careers at the Rendezvous Hotel
We are always looking for enthusiastic people with a wide range of skills to join our team.
Please feel free to send an email introducing yourself to the email@example.com along with a copy of your cv and if a suitable position becomes available we will be in touch.
Alternatively, please fill out the application form and either email it to us along with your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it in to us at the reception desk at the hotel.
Job Description – Chef de Partie
3 star Privately owned Hotel – 5 day week – immediate start preferred
We are seeking an experienced Chef to join a small team at a family run 96 bedroom hotel in Skipton. On site restaurant (open 7 days) offering varied menu with traditional/home cooked theme. In addition, large scale A La Carte function menus (for up to 250 guests).
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes as specified by Head Chef.
- Assisting the Sous Chef/Head Chef with day to day tasks.
- Overseeing Apprentice/Commis Chefs and assisting with their continual development.
- Maintaining existing 5 star hygiene certification by following agreed cleaning guidelines.
- Ensuring Health & Safety guidelines are followed.
- On going monitoring of both portion/waste control.
What skills do I need?
- Ability to keep calm during peak service
- Proven cooking and preparation skills
- Ability to work within (and maintain) a clean/tidy environment
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Enthusiastic approach to work
Position would suit:
Someone who enjoys the fast pace of working in a kitchen. You also need to be able to stay calm and work as part of a team during a busy service period.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate, have an eye for detail and good knife skills.
There is opportunity for career progression within the team.
This position does not include working breakfast service.
Shift pattern – 40 hours per week – avoiding split shifts.
Weekly rotas offering some flexibility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Discounted/free food
Reference ID: CDP Chef
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year