We welcome groups – big or small
First things first. Welcome!
We fully appreciate you have a choice when it comes to choosing a hotel for your group. Making sure you feel welcomed is therefore very important to us.
Our location is rather important too. We’re on the Leeds Liverpool Canal, just a mile south of the beautiful market town of Skipton, the ‘Gateway to the Dales’. That makes us a popular choice as a base from which to explore the area.
With 96 bedrooms, we can look after your group, whatever the size. We are also blessed with having two lounges – our Hospitality Lounge seating 70, and our Bar Lounge seating 65 – so there’s plenty of space for your group to relax together after dinner.
Like many hotels, we have a selection of function and meeting rooms. However, you might be surprised to learn that we also have one of the largest square hotel ballrooms in the north of England (3,100 sq ft). It’s the reason why so many dance groups stay with us, and why we host many group events that need a large space.
But that’s only part of the Rendezvous story. From the moment you get in touch with us, right through to the moment you leave, you’ll be looked after. Your arrangements will be handled with professionalism, care and courtesy. Equally importantly, should your arrangements change, we’re flexible enough to get most things sorted out immediately. The impossible will take a little longer.
To be fair, we can’t promise you the world, although we do try, but we can promise you we’ll do everything we can to make sure you and your group have a memorable stay, and for all the right reasons!
Here’s what makes us special, and why we were voted ‘Accommodation Provider of the Year’ 2014 and 2016 at the British Coach Tourism Awards, and a three-times runner-up in the Individual Hotel category of the Group Travel Awards.
- We have an experienced, professional and enthusiastic team who know what you, as a group organiser, require to please your customers
- We have a Group Charter and a Tour Charter, so you’ll know what level of service you’re going to receive
- Whether you’re staying with us and going off to explore the area, or if you’re going to be with us for a special event, we can arrange late dinners, early breakfasts, quick lunches, in fact almost anything you need
- For your dinner, we offer you a three-course meal with multiple choices for each course. Coffee and chocolate mints nicely round-off the meal. As you’d expect, we cater for special dietary requirements
- We also give you a choice of dining options. when you confirm your booking you can tell us what time you’d like to eat. You can also choose whether you’d like your group to sit at large round tables for 10, or any other configuration you request.
- We will endeavour to have our resident pianist play for you during dinner on your first evening. If you need evening entertainment, perhaps with a ‘Yorkshire’ twist, we can arrange it
- If you’re not sure what to see and do while you’re with us, we can help you plan an itinerary, and, in most cases, make the arrangements if required. Ask us about ‘The Real Yorkshire Experience’, an itinerary that, to be fair, pretty much does what it says. You can see more about it here.
- We can offer advice and information about local shows and events, including the Great Yorkshire Show, six other annual local town and village agricultural shows, and typical Yorkshire entertainment shows.
- We can also help you organise something special, perhaps a two or three-day themed event, or a ‘40s night or tribute night
- We can also offer suggestions should the weather turn wet
- There’s free parking for the coach or minibus. If you’re on a self-drive break, with members of your group travelling from different parts of the country, our large car park has room for everyone. All of our parking has CCTV security
- For added peace of mind, our hospitality desk has someone on duty 24/7
- Your group receives complimentary use of our leisure club. There’s a swimming pool, spa pool, a fully equipped gym, sauna and steam room
- If you need it, we can provide a porter service
- There’s a regular bus service from outside the hotel into Skipton, or you can walk into town along the canal towpath (exactly one mile). For something different, we can arrange for you to be picked up from the hotel by boat and taken into Skipton, or perhaps enjoy a longer scenic cruise
- We have a drying room for the use of walking groups
- Fibre optic Superfast broadband is available throughout the hotel.
So, quite a list, but then again, we’re not your usual hotel. We have a saying: “Who cares? We do!” We pride ourselves on the service we offer, and should something go wrong, we endeavour to put it right. We’re also members of the National Campaign for Courtesy, an organisation that bestowed the honour of Top Town for Courtesy on Skipton in 2017.
We’re a family-run hotel with the owners, Malcolm and Karen Weaving, living in the hotel. In fact, we like to say that all the staff are part of the Rendezvous ‘family’.
So, that’s who we are and what we can offer. But if you’d like to know more, or simply have a chat, give us a call. Better still, if you can, come and visit us.
And don’t forget our hotel motto: “If you see someone without a smile, give ‘em one of yours”. We have plenty of smiles to spare at the Rendezvous.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you and your group to the Rendezvous Hotel very soon.