Why winter is a magical time of year to get married
Stunning winter weddings in the Yorkshire Dales
Despite the fact that the nights are longer and the weather is colder, winter weddings have a magical and unique charm all of their own. Thanks to Covid many couples have had to put their summer 2020 wedding plans on hold and if you’ve been wondering whether to get married this winter instead, here are some of the reasons why getting married during the colder months of the year is becoming more and more popular:
1. You might be lucky and wake up to a frosty, crisp wedding day; however winter weather is notoriously unreliable. This can work to your advantage though in that you don’t need to worry about the weather: if it’s sunny you’ll be able to have photos outside but if it’s not so good, we have plenty of stunning indoor backdrops, including our impressive central staircase.
2. Although winter weddings are becoming more popular, because spring and summer are still peak times to get married, winter dates are in much less demand and therefore often cost less.
3. January and February can be wonderful months to get married in, with early signs of spring on their way. After the excitement of Christmas and New Year is over, just imagine having a fabulous wedding to look forward to!
4. A winter wedding offers the perfect excuse to go for something a little different. So, rather than going for traditional summer flowers, why not consider choosing an eye-catching evergreen bouquet, decorated with beautiful winter berries?
5. Last and by no means least, winter weddings are perfect for indulging in a comforting wedding feast! At the Rendezvous Hotel in Yorkshire our talented chefs create seasonal menus using locally sourced ingredients where possible, so why not consider treating your guests to a delicious, warming winter meal?
Get in touch to book your winter wedding at the Rendezvous Hotel in Yorkshire
To find out more about winter weddings at the Rendezvous Hotel in Yorkshire, including our unbeatable Winter Wedding Offer, get in touch by calling 01756 700100 or download a wedding pack from our website.